- Intermediate to advanced knowledge with web video players such as Video.js, JWPlayer
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of programmatic video advertising (such as vpaid, vast xml)
- Comfortable working with front-end build tools, such as Grunt and Gulp.js
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, CSS Pre-Processors: SASS, LESS;
- Strong understanding of browser rendering behaviour (events timeline, document ready, window on load, etc..) and performance;
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such limitations
- Proficient understanding of code versioning such as Git
Working place: Rome (Italy)
The ideal candidate:
- Business Level of English
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proactive, flexible, ambitious and determined
- Great leadership, communication, and coaching skills
- Ability to work within a fast paced team to tight deadlines
Inclination to “make things happen” in a concrete way. Strong team spirit, proactive behaviour and innovation-oriented. Motivating personality that will champion the companies video initiative. The role consists in coordinating resources both internal and external to the company.
The person we are looking for needs to have very good analytical and organizational skills with a constant craving for improving the status quo and solving day to day problems.
Blasting News is a new disruptive concept of journalism - where every voice matters - being made by the people, for the people. Set up in mid-2013, Blasting News has grown to 100 million monthly unique on-site visitors in 44 months since its launch, the same time needed by Snapchat and 10 months faster than Facebook – a very encouraging league. Thanks to this growth, Blasting News is now the largest global social publisher, or the 120th most visited websites in the world (Alexa Ranking), publishing more than 11,000 video-news and 25,000 written-news each month. Blasting News has readers in five continents and offices in London, New York, Sao Paulo, Milan, Rome, and Hong Kong.
News is produced by delocalized freelance contributors (Blasters), fact-checked and curated by a quality team of senior professionals. Furthermore, news is distributed by Social Blasters, a global team of top digital influencers. All the processes are fuelled by the crowd, without any central newsroom - thanks to an extensive use of technology (the core stages are managed by algorithms, some of which are patent-pending).
RAL: €35k - €60k