Descrizione dell'offerta di lavoro
- Position: Software Developer Manager
- Report to: CTO
- Location: Milan (Italy)
- Status: Permanent
- Subordinate Positions: Software Dev
- TeamArea/Department: Information Technology
We are looking for a qualified Software Developer Manager to join our IT team. Your job is to create an environment and teams that delivers outstanding software as fast as possible while having fun.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position.
- Project Scoping: help local team leaders to answer to RPF, compile timeline, budget, etc…
- Over Head Projects: work closely with Operation team to keep the project on track and suggest how to mitigate the risk.
- Managing Relationships: be the “man in the middle” between dev team and company stakeholders. Understand and manage the complexity of having different needing and put a strategy in place to satisfy most of them. Manage the communication between local branch and headquarter regarding development and project management. Established a trusting and collaborative relationship between local teams and headquarter.
- Project Planning: put in place a way to track the project on going, the needing and how to handle project from an R&D point of view.
- Process control: need to report the project status to various stake holders, manage expectations and organize the different client request
- Technology: As a Development Manager, you are NOT a tech guru! Your role is to delegate and help the local team leader to deliver a cutting the edge solution. You should be a passion for technology but you will not be the “go-to-guy”.
- Administrative functions: Budgets, hiring and firing people, competing for resources and space, writing reports, accounting etc.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
-Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent academic achievement;
- Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible management/leadership experience in a software development field;
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience working through the requirement, design, development, QA & UAT testing, implementing and delivering in release cycles, and to customers;
- Experience with agile development projects, especially Lean/Kanban
- Knowledge of network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Knowledge of SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall, Lean, and Scrum etc
- Knowledge of core software applications, including Oracle JDE/Fusion, marketing tools, Microsoft office and application development tools.
Not Technical Skills
- Words that best describe you: energetic, adaptable, a leader, trusting, results driven, inspirational, quality focused, strategic thinker, coach, customer focused, organized
-You’re committed to the craft of managing and leading people.
- You’re able to make the complex simple and have demonstrated an ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and a business functional point of view.
- You have an insatiable appetite for learning new things and improving existing ones. You cultivate that same appetite in your developers and teams.
- You’re a perfectionist who tempers it with deadlines. Pragmatism is your middle name, you work at speed and inspire with your can-do attitude.
- You pay attention to details and take great pride in your work.
- You proactively identify project, people and organizational problems and provide well-thought-out solutions to them.
- You’re comfortable with setting your own direction and agenda to achieve broad goals assigned to you.
- You have an understanding and appreciation for the open source ecosystem and community.
- You’re able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Software Architecture, Product Manager | Team Leader